Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

One of the things I love about the Christmas season is the radio station that plays continuous Christmas music. Not just because I like Christmas music, but because the Gospel is being preached loud and clear and they don't even know it. I always think to myself while I am listening to a "real" Christmas song that there must be someone out there who is listening and searching for the truth and it hits them as they hear the words to O Holy Night or Joy to the World. At least that is my prayer. What other time of year would you hear the Barenaked Ladies singing about how Jesus Christ is the Savior and came to save the world from Satan's power? I love it.
In other news, Oliver is sick. This is his first real sickness. He is "throwing and going" as my mother would say. Yesterday was worse than today. It's amazing what motherhood does to you. As he was throwing up green peas, I found myself putting my hand out to catch the vomit. Then I thought "Ugh, why did I just do that?" Then, as he was doing it again lastnight, I put my hand out again and actually caught a handfull. It was gross, but you gotta do what you gotta do. (Mostly I was trying to spare our down comforter from the spew.) Let's just hope this all runs its course and is done before Christmas.
Meryy Christmas to all!

No comments: