Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Hopes Are Officially Up

We recently applied for reduced rent housing at a new apartment/townhouse community in the town I grew up in. Since I work for the town and still have close relatives who live there, we qualified for the lottery. We would only have to pay about $100 more a month than what we are paying now and the apartments are so nice. Since it is a "community", there is a pool, playground and gym. AND, it is on the water. So, I have been thinking about it and praying about it and up until this week was somewhat guarded about it. But then, I went and looked at the floor plans on the website. I'm no longer neutral about the whole thing. I WANT TO LIVE THERE!! Every 2 bedroom has 2 bathrooms, there is a dishwasher (dear Lord, a dishwasher), washer/dryer and every apartment has a deck. The drawing is sometime around the end of the month. So, if you are a praying person, please pray that we get this apartment. And if we do not, please pray that I will be content with that.

1 comment:

Beth Fish said...

That sounds a lot fancier than any apartment I ever lived in. Good luck!