Thursday, July 02, 2009

Comfort

Morgan fell asleep in my arms tonight. Can't remember the last time that has happened. But, I found it so soothing. I've been having a rough time lately - lots of junk going on (I'll get into that later.)- and tonight I was feeling especially down. I was sitting here in front of the computer to turn my brain off for a while and she crawled up here next to me. I could tell she was tired because she was quiet. Usually she is asking questions, telling stories, just talking to hear herself talk. So, I asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She climbed right up and snuggled right in. I think she was asleep in minutes. I didn't want to put her down. She's so snuggly and warm and delicious. I rubbed her soft back, her silky hair until finally she shifted position and woke up a bit wanting to be more comfy in her bed. I reluctantly brought her in and now I sit here alone. But, I am so much calmer. It's amazing how that happens. Thank you, God, for the treasure of my children; they are your greatest gift to me.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I was thinking about how much comfort this must have brought you tonight. I am so thankful for you to have experienced that at the right time!