Monday, August 07, 2006

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow ?

Why is deciding to get my son's haircut such a big deal? He very clearly needs it cut. He has gotten so many girl comments and the curls are getting a bit unruly. But, the curls, oh the curls. They are so beautiful...so baby-like. I feel like I am saying goodbye to his babyness if I cut those golden curls. My mom thinks we should wait until he is two, I can't imagine another year of growth. Joel thinks we should get it done ASAP. I don't know. I think he will look so handsome with a big boy haircut, but I do love those curls. I get sad just thinking about it. Advice? Encouragement? Opinions?

3 comments:

K. said...

Do what you feel is right for your boy. I wanted my son to get his first haircut, and when he finally did I felt like crying. He just looked so different and so grown up!

Good Luck, Mama.

Becka said...

THanks for the encouragement, K. I think we'll wait a little while.

meljoy said...

We got girl comments for aaron since he was 14 months old, his hair was curly and all over the place. Finally at 3 years old, his hair went into a mohawk! def do what you think is right!