Friday, August 18, 2006

Vacation All I Ever Wanted...



We went to Maine this week with my parents and Joel's sister. Stayed in a beautiful log home in the mountains. It was wonderful! This was our first vacation with kids...not the same at all. There was no lounging around and sleeping until ten, no spontaneous outings, no quiet. It was work!! (Though I did get to shower and go to the bathroom ALONE and witht he door closed. Every time.) Especially staying in someone else's house that is not baby proof. Poor Oliver heard more no's than he has heard ever. But, we had a great time and all of us loved being outside so much. We also took a little day trip to StoryLand. What a great place to go with little kids. I highly recommend it. They had rides geared towards little ones and big ones. Oliver went on the Teacups, the Tilt-A-Whirl and the Log Flume! He's such a little stoic though. Not a smile, laugh or even a cry during the rides. Just a strait, serious face! The best part about the place for me was the Mama's House that they had connected to each bathroom. This was a little room especially for nursing mothers. They had a few rocking chairs and some changing tables. How nice to be able to sit comfortably and nurse without having to find a shady bench outside and worry the whole time about who you were going to offend.
It was a good vacation and today it is back to life. Joel is working, I am unpacking and cleaning and tomorrow I have a job interview. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

meljoy said...

lol, I havent been able to pee with the door closed since Aaron could walk :-)