Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What Do I Do With Myself?

The children are gone with Grammie for the morning... where do I begin? I have quite a list of to-do's for the morning before I head to work. Here they are in order:
1. Write a real blog. It's been a while.
2. Switch summer and winter clothes and try to bring as many bins as possible back over to our inconvenient-yet-large-so-it's-worth-it storage closet.
3. Get a hair cut. Oh man, I am psyched for this one. I think I'm going to go pretty short. I'm ready for a change.
4. Head over to my parents' house to finish the laundry and watch some TV (shhh...don't tell Joel!) before I go to work.
I also should do the dishes and clean the bathroom and wash the kitchen floor, but who has time for that???
I've been neglecting all my chores recently, including blogging, because I have not really had much of a break these days. I mentioned in my last entry that Oliver doesn't have his binky anymore. Well, since then, he doesn't have a nap anymore either. Ugh, it is almost worth giving him his binky back just for those few hours of sanity. Plus, he is miserable by 3:00. He's a smart little bugger, too. Says he'll nap if he can have his binky. But, we've already made the break and I don't want to do it all over again. He's also been giving me a hard time at night going to bed. He doesn't want to be alone anymore so I have to sit in his room and read until he goes to sleep. Actually, that has been kind of nice. I get to do my bible study homework in peace while they fall asleep. It forces me to get it done. (Way to see the bright side, Becka!)
So, that has been my life in a nutshell these days. Morgan has been napping and sleeping just fine. Thank goodness, because if it was both of them....whew.
Oh, here's a funny thing Ollie said the other night: He was telling me that I needed to sleep in his room and that he was going to make me a new bed in there. So I told him I needed to go and sleep with Daddy so he wouldn't be lonely. Of course Oliver asked why so I told him that I belong to Daddy, too, and that Oliver needs to share me with him and with Morgan. Then Oliver said, "Me get Daddy a new Mommy." Sorry, bud, it doesn't work that way!

No comments: