Monday, October 01, 2007

What Kind Of Idiot Flushes Her Cell Phone Down the Toilet?

Umm...yeah that would be me. I was over at my parents' house on Saturday visiting with some family friends from New Zealand. I went to the bathroom accompanied by my two little monkeys, as usual. Now that Oliver can open doors, having him in the bathroom with me is rough. He usually tries to open it while I am mid-pee. So, as I was going, he started opening the door, so I jumped up, flushed the toilet and pulled up my pants all at once. All of a sudden, my cell phone flew out of my pocket and into the toilet and instantly disappeared into the abyss like a little silver poop. The timing was just perfect. I had no chance of even trying to grab it. So, since my dad is out of the country at the moment, we called one of his friends from church who is pretty handy and he came over and took the toilet off and was able to dislodge my phone from the bend in the pipe. We took it apart and blow dried it and when I tried it this morning it worked!!! The display is a little messed up, but I made a call! Ahhh... the wonders of technology. I'm going to go and disinfect it now.


PS. No more binky for Oliver. That will be the next entry.

No comments: