Saturday, September 22, 2007

Please leave a message at the tone...

Unfortunately, Oliver has discovered fear. He has had a few nightmares recently (none that have to do with 911, though) and it seems like at night the strangest things scare him. I've had to remove piggy banks, blankets, stuffed animals, turn the light on, turn the light off, all sorts of things. Well, tonight he woke up crying about an hour after we put him down and was saying that Morgan's piggy bank scared him. So, I rocked him for a few minutes and decided that it is time for a lesson about trusting God when we are afraid. So, I told him that God keeps us safe all the time and that when we are afraid we can ask Him to help us not to be afraid anymore. Then I asked him if he wanted me to pray and ask God to keep him safe. He said yes, so I prayed a simple prayer and said Amen. Oliver said, "God's not home, Mommy. He's with Noah." So much for that...
After stifling my laughter, I did tell him that God is always with us and always hears us. What a funny boy.

No comments: