Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snowed In

It has been snowing here since Friday afternoon. At first I was so excited about being cozy at home and watching the snow fall without having to go anywhere. Now it is Sunday and all I want to do is get out of this house!! Our wonderful apartment community has been plowing and shoveling the sidewalks constantly, BUT my van is completely trapped. The snow is as high as the top of the tires. We don't even have a shovel to get it out with. I'm not sure what we are going to do. We're supposed to get another storm today that may turn to rain, but may not. I hope we are able to dig out by this afternoon.
I've also found myself in a predicament with the kids' main Christmas gift. Boy, Christmas has sneaked right up on me. I have been planning on getting them a nice, big set of blocks. I also have been planning on splitting the cost with Joel's parents. But, we waited too long to call them and have not gotten that money yet. I was thinking I could easily go out to the store in Needham and get them, but now we are snowed in. I could have them shipped, but the shipping will be over $75!! Maybe Joel will be willing to take an adventure together today. I HATE driving in the snow.
Christmas excitement has started around here. We have adopted Joel's family tradition of opening one stocking gift each day leading up to Christmas. Yesterday was the first one. After the initial excitement of his coloring books, I asked Oliver if he liked them and he enthusiastically said "No, I don't think I do." I hope my other choices will be a little more exciting.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am cracking up at Oliver.
Try learning express, in Hanover. It's not too far! Also, there are a few good toy stores in downtown hingham. You might pay more for the blocks, but probably not TOO much more. I guess you should call first though, to make sure they actually have them!
Are these the type of blocks you were going to get? http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-60-Piece-Standard-Blocks/dp/B00008W72D/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1229873856&sr=8-1
Alex is getting some for Christmas much to chris's dismay.