Monday, February 23, 2009

A Restful Vacation

School vacation came and went without too much excitement. I really enjoyed being home and not feeling the pressure of having to leave for work in the afternoon. I spent one day just cooking some new vegetarian dishes to stick in the freezer. I made Cauliflower Cheese Pie and Lentil-Walnut Burgers. Both tasted much better than they sound. I was so proud of myself. Had a girls' night with Jennifer and watched "Secret Life of Bees" and ate DELICIOUS pizza from Upper Crust. Then, I got a yucky cold which left me useless for Thursday. But, I was glad to not have to get up and go to work. I was able to rest and get better.
Tuesday I went with my sister and the kids to visit my niece at Gordon College. It has been 10 years and I STILL get that longing to go back to college when I am on that campus. Just being in her dorm and walking through the quad and hearing her say hi to everyone and point everyone out was so fun. College life was just the best. I can't believe my 10 year reunion is coming up. Has it really been that long? I am so looking forward to going back out to Wheaton and seeing all my friends. I am thinking that the campus has probably changed alot. Will I be sad to return to a Wheaton that is not the same? Maybe. Right now I am really looking forward to it.
So, now it is back to work. I'm hoping that spring is going to come soon. I can't wait to air out the apartment and get rid of all these germs! We've had a rough winter. My pediatrician is livin' large thanks to the Bielawas this winter.
By the way, I'm reading a book called "A Severe Mercy" right now and it is really good. It's about this couple that met and fell in love before they were Christians and then went to Oxford and became Christians there and then eventually the wife gets sick and dies. That's as far as I am now, but it is a really interesting book. Especially for me, as I have been a Christian for as long as I remember. I always wonder how people come to Christ in adulthood - it is such a leap of faith. I'm anxious to see how the author's realtionship with God changed after he lost his beloved wife. He was struggling before with it. Does it get stronger or fade without her encouragement? I guess I will just have to let you know. Over and Out.
(That's how Oliver has been ending conversations lately. Either that or Amen. ie. "Mommy, I would like a drink. Amen."or "Mommy, I am going potty. Over and out.")

No comments: