Thursday, June 04, 2009

Girl Day

On Tuesdays and Thursdays this year, Morgan and I have been having "Girl Day" while Oliver goes to school. Some days we would do something special, just the two of us, and other days would be the regular routine at home, but with just the girls. We both loved having these days and Morgan would ask every time I was getting Ollie ready for school, "Is today gorl day?" This Tuesday was Oliver's last day of school, therefore our last girl day. Morgan will be in school with Oliver next year, so this may be our last girl day for a while. I decided to take her out for a special day together. We started off with breakfast at Strawberry Fair restaraunt. Morgan had french toast and I had the usual corn bread french toast. Yummm. We colored together and chatted and I answered her million questions. It was nice to have uninterrupted time with her. Then we went home and made plans for our next move. She really wanted to go to the pool, but it was cloudy and a bit windy, so we opted for a walk at Webb Park. My favorite place of all time. We brought our pails and shovels, but ended up walking the beach and collecting sea glass. She really got into it, squealing with delight each time she found a piece. Good thing there was alot there.
From there we headed to Grammie's house so Emilee could babysit while I went to work. What a fun day! Here are some pictures.

1 comment:

Sarahbeth said...

I love having daughters when I really thought I'd prefer all boys. Girl days are fun!