Thursday, November 02, 2006

He's a Giraffe

Halloween was fun. We went to Scituate Harbor with the cousins and their friends. That is the best place to trick-or-treat, if you ask me. They close the whole street down and the stores and shops hand out candy. Fun and safe! If I do say so myself, my cherubs were so darn cute. I couldn't stop looking at them and laughing at the cuteness. I'm thinking next year I might dress them as a bride and groom. Is that too weird? Warning: don't look at these pictures too long - you might die from the cuteness...really.

I can't help but think back to my trick-or-treat days and how they were so much different. I would get together with a big group of friends and wander the whole neighborhood, going to every single house. Things were so much more innocent then. Not as much worry about kids wandering around alone, going into people's homes, literally taking candy from strangers. Never in a million years would I let my kids do that now. But, back then that feeling of freedom and independence was the best. What are your favorite halloween memories?
Oh, and I was sorely lacking in the creative costume department. I always thought I was creative, but it never amounted to anything. I always ended up as a baby or something easy and boring. I always envied my friends who were super creative and fun. I remember one year, I had a friend who dressed up as a tomato. That was funny. What was your best Halloween costume?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! You're right, I'm going to die from the cuteness! We always went trick-or-treating with several other families from our church. All the kids running ahead getting candy, the adults strolling behind, laughing and talking. They would take shifts at whoever's house was "hosting" to pass out candy, so they all got a turn to see us in our costumes and spend time together!

Becka said...

Sounds so fun! Isn't it cool to think that you will be creating memories like this for your little one?

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! Morgan's expression, or lack thereof, is hilarious.