Friday, October 27, 2006

Sick Day

I think one of the hardest things about being a stay at home mom is that you never get a sick day! I could really use a sick day today. Sore throat, headache, tired, cough, runny nose...the whole nine. I wish I could just lay in bed all day with a cup of tea and a book, dozing off when I feel the need, only to be awakened when I have to go to the bathroom. HA!!! Reality is that I woke up with Morgan at 6, fell back asleep with her at 7, woke up again with both at 8:30, now they are napping and I need to fold laundry and put away some toys, then they will wake up and need to eat and want to play and listen to Raffi. (By the way, Nathan, if you are reading this, we have been listening to Banana-phone these days and it makes me miss you so much it hurts.) Ugh, and it won't be much easier when hubby gets home either. There's dinner and clean up and baths and bedtime and more cleaning. He's not the most helpful these days. But that's a whole other blog in itself...
Anyway, any ideas on how to keep an 18 month old and a 5 month old occupied while I lay on the couch and wallow in this cold?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being childless, (at least for the next month,) I have no advice for you, but you have my sympathy and prayers! Feel better soon!

Bunny said...

I am sorry! I know exactly what you mean about sick days. My only suggestion is (gasp!) TV. I can get my 2 1/2 year old to watch a whole hour of Sesame Street so I can lay on the couch. But that doesn't stop the chatter...

Becka said...

Alas, we don't watch tv - don't even have one!! It's a good thing, too, or else I'd give into the temptation and park them in front of it.
Thanks for the sympathy, I am feeling much better.

BlondeBrony said...

Sounds like we have the same thing. I just can't seem to shake it. Thankfully my boys are in school all day. Although I look around the messy house and start to feel a bit guilty.

Hope you're better soon.