Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Torn

I had a job interview today. It was at a school for children with autism. I am completely overwhelmed and confused. On paper, everything seems great - I'm qualified for it, the pay is great, the benfits are good, not too far away, etc. but I'm just not sure. I've never worked with kids like this before and, to be honest, I was a little uncomfortable . These kids can be violent and have some strange behaviors. For example, they bite, kick, punch, pull hair (which I observed today), undress, touch themselves, and one even smears his poop all over the place when he goes. I'm not 100% convinced I can handle that. I also am struggling with not really wanting to go back to work full time because I just want to be at home with my babies. That's why I had them, so I can be with them. Unfortunately, if I want them to have a place to live and food to eat, back to work I go.
So, I'm torn. I think I'll take some time to think.

No comments: