Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Should Blog But...

My children have been keeping me awake at all hours of the night. Therefore, I have mush-brain and I cannot put together a sentence, never mind a whole blog entry. Really, it has been bad! Monday night I got about 4 hours of sleep and half of that was on their bedroom floor, wrapped in a Sesame Street comforter, using a Boppy as a pillow. The problem is, we moved little Morgan into her crib in Oliver's room. The first few weeks were fine and then Oliver decided that he can't live without me - even for a minute. Everywhere I go it's "Mama, mama." (Not that I am complaining, I love hearing that little voice call me Mama. Melts.My.Heart.) BUT, at 2am when Morgan wants to eat, little Ollie decides he needs his mama and Mama just wants to be back in bed. So, most of the time I stand in there until he is back asleep, or almost asleep so he doesn't realize that I'm gone. But, Monday I was so desperate for sleep that I just crashed on the floor. They were tag-teaming me - one up, one down, the other up , the other down and so on... until I felt like I just wanted to yell at them, "You're being such a baby, stop crying and go to sleep!!" Oh, right, you are just a baby. My bad.
We bought Morgan a Pack-n-Play for our bedroom and she will be joining us again in there until she can sleep through the night. Lastnight was the first night with that, and I was only up twice to feed. Glorious!

Anyway, there's more to say, like how awful that shooting in the Amish schoolhouse was and how I can't get over it, and how I've been having weird dreams lately and wondering why we dream, and how Oliver (and Joel) had roseola last week, and how I have already started thinking about what to get (or make) for people for Christmas and how my famliy has decided to do home made Christmas gifts this year and I need help, people, BUT it will have to wait. Now, I shall get dressed, finally, and try to get something done while the kids are asleep.

No comments: