Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Princess Sleeps...sometimes

Since Morgan was born, my dad has taken to calling her the Princess. Well, she certainly is living up to that these days. Little Miss refuses to sleep unless she is rocked, bounced or otherwise cuddled. Sometimes she refuses to sleep unless she is in my arms or in my bed next to me. Me only...not daddy or anyone else. And if she is in the bed with me, she has to be touching me somehow. At the moment she is laying here next to me on the bed (we got a new laptop from Joel's dad) sound asleep right up against my leg. I know, I know, someday I will miss my little girl all snuggled up close to me, snoring her little baby snores, her fingers twitching...but right now, oh man, I could use a good night's sleep. I have been sick for what feels like weeks now. Colds, conjunctivitis (yuck!) and now a strange itchy rash-type thing on my fingers. I'm sure all these maladies would be cured with a few nights of uninterrupted sleep. I know what you are thinking, "Just get Joel to take over for a few nights." Ah, if only it was that easy. One - Morgan cries even harder if the person picking her up from her crib is not Mama, and escalates until Mama is fetched and she is placed in her arms, at which point she stops crying immediately and snuggles in and falls asleep. And B- Joel is pretty much comatose at night and doesn't really function well if he is awakened . Sometimes I fear for the children's safety when Joel is tending to them in his mid-night state. Most of the time he has no recollection of what happens, too. So, I am awake the whole time anyway making sure he doesn't put the baby in fridge and tuck the milk into bed or something strange like that. Anyway, any advice would be lovely for getting the princess to sleep all by herself.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: