Thursday, July 12, 2007

Too Much Information Defined

I'm working for the summer school program this month and one of the women I work with is a complete over-sharer. Every day she has some sort of story or complaint to share and it is always of a very personal and very uncomfortable nature. Today her story was about how heavy her period is. Oh my gosh, what do you say in response to that?! Yesterday, it was her woes of finding shirts that fit her because her boobs are so huge. "Well, the tighter the better according to my husband, you know." Ick. Menopause, hormones, arthritis, extreme sweating - the list goes on.
So, my internet friends, how do I respond to this woman? So far my response has been along the lines of smiling and nodding on the outside and squirming and gagging on the inside. I just want to put my fingers in my ears and hum.

1 comment:

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Yikes. Wish I knew what to tell you. You could come right out and tell her that while you enjoy talking with her, certain topics make you uncomfortable. Or you could just change the subject, I guess.