Tuesday, July 31, 2007

She Strikes Again

My oversharing co-worker is at it again. This time she informed me that she recently found out that her 18 year old son is having sex with a 16 year old. AND that he told his father that he couldn't "get it up". I'm sure the kid would be thrilled to know that his mother is sharing all of this with her co workers. The conversation went on and on into many details, but I will not repeat the oversharing this time, lest I, too, become guilty.
Thank goodness this is the last week of summer school. I can't say that I have really loved it. It was a nice change of pace to be back in the classroom doing academic stuff with the kids, but these kids(and the teacher) really tried my patience. No offense to anyone who ever had to go to summer school, but these aren't the most motivated students, if you know what I mean. Trying to get them to do anything is like pulling teeth and it is even more frustrating when they can't grasp most of the concepts we are talking about. In our case, phonics, reading, writing, naming the letters, etc. It makes me totally motivated to start talking about letters and their sounds with Oliver now. Not to pressure him or force him to be some sort of reading prodigy, but just to familiarize him with it now so it is not so difficult when he goes to school.
The big question now is what to do with my month of August. I will have tons of time and not tons of money. I am actually kind of looking forward to just chilling out with the kids, going to the beach and maybe getting my house clean! Then school starts up again after Labor Day.

Hubby got a new job. Have I mentioned that yet? Oh, he is like a new man. He loves the job and it totally makes him a much happier person. Money is not much better, but it is worth it for a happy hubby. He is a head custodian at a small private school. He loves taking care of the lawns and doing all the little fix-it projects. Funny, I can't picture it. He doesn't even replace toilet paper at our house. Maybe if I made him wear a uniform and gave him a to-do list he would help out a little more around here.

No comments: