Thursday, June 12, 2008

2 More Days

Can school just be over now? I am so done and needing a break from the routine. Monday is the last day of school and then Tuesday and Wednesday we have clean up days. I don't mind those days so much - no kids, no problem. But, man, these kids are driving me nuts. (For once, I'm not referring to my own.) Here are some of the issues I have been dealing with recently:
1. Playing in the gym, I tell the kids to put all the balls in the middle. "C'mon guys, balls in the middle!" So, one of the second graders starts laughing and pointing at his nether-region saying, "Get it, balls in the middle?" SECOND GRADE!!! I don't think I would have gotten that joke in second grade.
2. I see two boys tackling each other on the Lego rug, so I run over there thinking they are fighting and one says that the other was poking him in the butt and he didn't like it, then a whole bunch of them say they are poking each other in the butt. Sometimes, I just want to look at them and say, "What are you thinking?" I often wonder if it is okay for me to just tell them to stop poking each other's butts or if I have to make a big huge deal out of it and talk about keeping your hands to your self and how butts are private, etc.
It's hard for me to keep a straight face most of the time. Like if a student tells me that another kid called him/her annoying or stinky, etc. I just want to say, "Well, are you?" Because honestly, most of the time the answer would be yes.
Oh kids...
Things on the homefront are fine. We were allegedly going to go to Chicago next week, but that got "postponed". I don't really think we'll ever go. Not that we don't want to, but it is nearly impossible to coordinate our schedules and money and children and cars and all that a road trip entails. I am trying to convince Joel to take us camping for a few days instead. I've been dying to take the kids camping. I think they would love it. I know I miss those camping days.

It is way past my bed time.

No comments: