Friday, April 03, 2009

Bone...errrrr....

Sometimes my kids say the funniest things that also happen to be completely inappropriate, but in their case also completely innocent. This morning I woke up to one of these occasions and laughed until I cried. What a way to wake up. Ok, here goes:
Oliver is very into anything that has to do with going to the doctor, x-rays, body parts, surgery, etc. So this morning while he is laying in bed with me, he says with astonishment in his voice, "Mommy, I found a bone in my pee-pee!" Now we all know that sometimes boys wake up with a little, umm, shall we say happiness and I can only assume this was the case this morning. He continued on to tell me that he will have to look up on his computer what that bone is called. At this point I was still half-asleep so I was just mumbling, "Uh-huh, ok" But then after I processed what he was saying, I had him tell Daddy all about this new bone that he found. So he says, "Daddy, I had my hands in my underwear this morning and I found a bone in my pee-pee!!" Joel was trying so hard not to laugh, but me, on the other hand, I was laughing and crying and snorting uncontrollably. Thankfully, Oliver was quickly distracted by his other bones, like his ribs and legs, etc. but wow was that funny. What do you think, too embarrassing for his baby book?

No comments: