Monday, November 28, 2005

I Went...

So, I did it, I went to the reunion. I'm glad I did. We didn't stay long, but long enough to catch up with some fellow classmates and realize that not alot has changed with some people since high school. The skinny-little-you-know-whats are still just that, and still didn't bother to look in our direction. Quite a few of us are married, not as much with kids. The bar that we had the reunion at was not really conducive to talking to or hearing anyone else. The music was SO loud you had to scream to make yourself heard. That made it hard to really get beyond "So, what are you doing?" It was nice to see Eric Juhola, my elementary school and junior high buddy. (and my first love, if you must know.) There was also this girl who introduced me to her boyfriend, who looked strangely like a girlfriend. Name was Julien so that didn't help.
All in all it was a pretty good time. Not ready to do it again anytime soon...good thing I have another 5 years to gear up for this next one.
Also, not seeing some of these people for ten years made me really appreciate the friends from high school that I do see regularly. I'm glad we have not lost touch. I'm glad our children know each other and will be friends too! I'm glad I don't have to ask what they have been up to for ten years and only have enough time to get the condensed version. I'm glad we are friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad we went too! :) I had a good time, but I think the short time we were there was long enough! I am glad we are friends and that our kids know eachother too! Just this morning Abigail was saying owiveer and becka! She loves you guys! :)