Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tantrums, Teething and Tushies

Sorry for the lack of blogging these days. I'm lucky if I have a chance to go to the bathroom lately. Things have been pretty hectic with two babies. We're getting the hang of it though. Now that I have pretty much recovered from the whole giving birth thing, it is time to clean this house. I have been taking one room a day - which is all I have time for - and giving it a good cleaning. So far the bedroom and bathroom are done. Today is kitchen day. That's why I am sitting here at the computer instead of cleaning right now. I hate cleaning the kitchen. But, it must be done. Tomorrow will be the living room and the babies' room and then I'll start it all again on Monday. Ahh, the joys of being a housewife. Which, as it happens, it looks like I won't be much longer. Joel and I have decided that I must get a job. Any suggestions? Kohl's is hiring and my sister has suggested tutoring. I don't think I could handle babysitting. I'm really sad about leaving my babies, but we have to eat and pay the rent...
Oliver's molars have been trying to come in for weeks now. This makes for a very cranky and drooly little toddler. He has been having these little tantrums lately and they're actually kind of funny. He has them over the littlest things too. Like, today I wouldn't let him hold his cup of cheerios so he crumpled up into tears, leaned down and rested his head on the floor and cried it out. Once he realizes I cannot be swayed, he gets up and goes on his merry way. He also has a terrible diaper rash, the worst I've seen - which makes changing time almost impossible. Last night he couldn't even sit in the tub. Poor guy! I'm tempted to let him run around naked all day, except the reason for the rash is frequent pooping and I don't want to be frequently cleaning. Any rash advice out there?
Morgan is doing well - screaming at the moment, but that seems to be what she does. Alot. She is growing fast and is more and more beautiful each day. Even though it has been only a month, I feel like she has been part of our family forever. Just think, in a few short months, she'll be teething and tantrumming, too...

1 comment:

Becka said...

Thanks for the tips, Denise! I have an application for Kohl's in my bag.