Tuesday, September 19, 2006

5 Foods To Eat Before You Die

I saw this "meme"* on another blog and for some reason I find myself thinking about it at night when I should be sleeping. (Although, lately, I am not allowed to sleep, apparently...) I guess it stems from my obsesson with food. I do love to eat. I don't think I have "food issues" though. Anyway, I digress...

1. Lobster - preferably eaten with melted butter, in NewEngland, outside, in the summer. The deliciousness is the reward for the hard work and messiness. Oh, that's another thing, you must be responsible for getting the meat out yourself, none of this sissy pre-shelled crap.

2. Lobster Tail Pastry - not related at all to the lobster in #1. This is a pastry from Mike's Pastry shop in the North End. I don't know, they might be made in other places, too, but as far as I am concerned, Mike's is the only place. Here's a description if you are interested. How wonderful, indeed! Basically, it is a light, crusty shell in the shape of a lobster tail, filled with a little bit of heaven. If you want to score points with me, buy me a lobster tail.

3. Cheese Pizza from Pizzeria Regina - Also in the North End. (The mall versions are NOT the same). Thin crust, yummy sauce, perfect amount of cheese. Get some!

4. Mama's Meat Sauce - I need to have something homemade on here. My mom makes the best spaghetti sauce. (Don't ask Joel, though. He disagrees!) Preferably served on ziti with lines.

Only one more! How do I choose?!

5. Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie - There are whole Oreos in this ice cream! Love it!

So, those are my five. I'm sure I could come up with a new five every week. I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

* What exactly is a meme? I looked it up, but the definition didn't help.

No comments: