Friday, September 08, 2006

Blame It On The Moon

Full moon lastnight. It wreaked havoc on our evening. I do think it affects people somehow. I should research that... Anyway, Oliver went down without incident, but Morgan was rotten! I woke her (BIG mistake) at 8:15 to give her a final feeding and change her and put her jammies on hoping that she would fall right back to sleep. She seemed droopy while I was feeding her so I held her a bit and then put her in her bed. She has been trying to roll and was getting all of her practice in, it seems. Then she would pull out her binky and cry. It was so frustrating! Finally after an hour or so of trying to get her to go to sleep on her own, I realized that something was wrong, this was not normal going to sleep troubles. She didn't even fall asleep in our bed! So, I moved her legs, trying to get out any gas, patted her back trying to get out any burps, rocked her, snuggled her...nothing. Finally, she pooped. So, on goes the light, change the diaper, try again in the cradle. Still no sleep, much crying. Now, I am getting super tired. So, I brought her out to the living room and put her in her bouncy seat and bounced her to sleep.
10:30 pm - Morgan asleep.
12:00 am - Oliver wakes up screaming. Scared the poop outta me and I flew into his room. Nothing was obviously wrong, no injuries or scary men in the shadows. I think he must have been dreaming because he kept pointing and grunting. (I can't wait for him to talk!) We rocked a bit, walked into the living room and got his stuffed dog, rocked some more, I put him in the crib and he rolled over and waved to me and back to sleep he went. My heart was still racing from being startled out of my sleep and it took me a few hours to finally fall back asleep. (Funny side note, when Oliver woke up, Joel came into his room to see if he was ok. This morning I mentioned it to Joel and he had no idea what I was talking about. Must be nice...)
2:30 am - Mommy goes back to sleep
4:00 am - Morgan wakes up to eat. Thankfully she goes right back to sleep.
5:30 am - Joel's alarm goes off and I am in charge of hitting the snooze button a bazillion times until he decides to get up.
6:00 am - Mommy goes back to sleep.
6:10am - Joel comes back in to the house and reports that our debit card has been deactivated. Money sucks! So, I am up for the day. Trying to figure out what to do. Willing the library to call me and tell me I have a job and I start NOW and get paid tomorrow. Waiting sucks, too.
So, now both babies are napping and I suppose I should be too. I'm afraid I won't want to wake up when they are ready, so I will stay awake hoping that tonight will go a bit smoother.

No comments: