Monday, September 18, 2006

S.O.S

Save Our Sleep!! Please, we are desperate!
For the past two nights, Oliver has been unable to stay asleep. Saturday night he was awake (and screaming) from midnight to 4 am. Lastnight, he was up from 11:00 to probably 1:30 or 2:00. I stopped looking at the clock. I can't figure it out - he seems like he is afraid of something. He also seems to be getting a stuffy nose. Maybe that wakes him up and then he is afraid to be alone. I ended up camping out on his floor lastnight until he was asleep. Not fun. What is also not fun is trying to be civil to my husband when we are operating on no sleep. I'm pretty sure it is just separation anxiety and the cure is a good dose of tough love, but that's not as easy as it sounds. At the moment he is in his room crying because I left. It breaks my heart, but he's got to learn to go to sleep. Hear me, Oliver? Go. To. Sleep.

No comments: