Monday, March 20, 2006

Emotions Gone Wild

If my emotional state during this pregnancy is any indication of how my daughter is going to be then we are in big trouble, people! Yesterday was pretty much the most emotional day I've had yet - and nothing really happened. We went to breakfast with my parents and some family members and I had no patience with Oliver throwing every blessed thing on the floor. I could feel myself getting flushed and frustrated as the meal progressed. Then, we decided to let Oliver go with my mom to a St. Patty's parade in Scituate while we had some alone time. You would have thought I was sending him to East Africa for month. I felt guilty and sad and cried almost hysterically after they left. Then, we decided to go to the movies. We are totally ignorant of what is out there, so we chose "The Hills Have Eyes" thinking it might be a cool science fiction story. First of all, the volume in the theater was so loud that I was tempted to go and ask them to turn it down. Then, the movie was super bloody and gory and STUPID! At the "climax" of the movie, the blood and guts was getting to me, the extra loud screaming was getting to me, and the scene of the guy biting off the head of a bird and drinking the guts out did me in. I was crying and I got up and left the theater without even saying anything to Joel. How humiliating to walk out of a dumb movie, that wasn't even that scary, crying. I just hope maybe people thought I was in labor and not a big, giant wuss. So, not so much of a fun day with no baby. We're taking an overnight trip to Nantucket next weekend to celebrate my birthday - lets hope the hormones are somewhat settled by then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becka! "The Hills Have Eyes"? What were you two thinking? The worst I am sure is paying money for a movie you did not like. Still... take as much alone time as you can, while you can. I am going to give you a ring now! Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Becka! I'll call you in a while :) Hope you have a fantastic day!!