Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rand-tucket

Thanks to my old pal, Randy, Joel and I got to spend a night in Nantucket this past weekend. It was fun and, yes, my emotions were well behaved. It was much easier than I thought it would be to leave Oliver for the night. I shed a few tears at goodbye time, but thoroughly enjoyed our time away. I guess 11 months without a break is long enough, huh? We stayed at a cute little inn, ate tons of expensive food, walked around and went to the Nantucket Whaling Museum. Not much was open because it is off-season, but we enjoyed the quiet and solitude.
Our waitress in the Rose and Crown for lunch on Sunday commented at length on what a cute couple Joel and I are. I told Joel that by cute she meant short... Anyway, she said we were going to be like one of those old couples that you see walking down the street holding hands and you think "How cute!" I hope we still hold hands when we are old.
In other news, I went to IKEA for the first time yesterday. I think I am in love! Everything was so nice and so CHEAP! We bought a dresser for the babies' room. I can't wait to put it together and organize their clothes. I am totally into organization these days. Gotta love the nesting instinct. I cleaned out the fridge today and even wiped down the shelves. But, back to IKEA, if I could I think I would furnish our whole apartment with IKEA stuff. Oooh, an IKEA shopping spree, how fun! The only thing that disappointed me was their lack of trash cans. I need a new one for the kitchen and they only had 2 to choose from and neither were to my liking. Maybe I will check the website. Uh oh, this could be dangerous.

No comments: